Five Ways to Avoid the ‘One-Hit Wonder’ Keynote Speaker
Anyone else remember the summer of Psy’s “Gangnam Style?”
How about the Macarena craze a decade earlier?
One-hit wonders are an enduring staple of pop culture. They seem to come out of nowhere, dominate the airwaves for a couple of months, then suddenly disappear faster than you can say “call me maybe.” The value of a keynote speaker can suffer a similar fate if you take a “one and done approach” to your investment. Instead, take advantage of all the digital tools available to promote your speaker beforehand, drum up excitement on-site and provide meaningful follow-up afterward.
Here are five ways to make sure your speakers are not “one hit wonders”:
1) Ask them to send you a promotional video in advance of their session and incorporate it into your marketing plan. This is a great way to get attendees excited and it gains you additional exposure if you include a specific call to action to share. Promotional video can also be packaged as a sales tool for potential attendees who need approval from higher-ups before enrolling.
2) Record the session in its entirety. This is a goldmine of content for a savvy marketing team, who can break it up into chunks and redistribute it as podcasts, short videos, future promotional content and social media nuggets.
3) Have your keynote speaker do a more intimate, casual session after their presentation. People who are really interested in the topic can ask questions and go a little deeper on the subject. This is another opportunity to have cameras rolling for future web content.
4) Think beyond stress balls and pens for a giveaway that ties into your speaker. Some examples include a limited subscription to the speaker’s services or an autographed book.
5) Cut through the post-event blues with a 30-60 second video message. Everyone arrives home inspired, only to be confronted with a backed-up inbox and lengthy to-do list. Perk attendees back up with a final message from the keynote a week after the event.
These steps will make a memorable impression on your attendees and help the speaker’s message resonate long after the event. More importantly, your organization comes out ahead as the vehicle for delivering these inspiring messages. If you’re looking for ways to create memorable video content and stretch your keynote speaker’s value, CNTV is your solution. Check out all the services we provide at cntvnow.com.
CNTV helps associations generate new revenue, enhance the attendee experience and communicate year-round through TV-style content. Its core services include same-day TV news headlines on site, content capture, and attendee acquisition video content. Associations choose CNTV because of the unique blend of TV news experience and comprehensive knowledge of the meetings and events industry. The combined effect is a team of professionals who tell a meeting or event’s story with speed, authority and style.